Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Time For The Biggest Loser!

The weight-loss show Biggest Loser premiers tomorrow night. Call me weird, but I really enjoy watching it. There's something pretty inspirational about watching people who are at the end of their ropes fight back and succeed against all odds. I watch VH1's Celebrity FitClub as well, but I don't enjoy it quite as much. There's always a number of "celeb's" on the show that think they're too special to have to work to lose the weight.

As much inspiration as I draw from show's like this, I am a realist. I get the fact that these people are afforded an opportunity that I'm never going to get. They get to put their "real-life" obligations on hold for a period of time and focus on nothing but weight-loss. How great would that be? If I could be given the chance to hit the cosmic pause button on my life and take six months hiatus to do nothing but lose weight, there's no doubt I would already be at my goal!

That's not gonna happen for us real people though. We have to struggle to meet our fitness goals while still going to work, meeting our obligations, participating in life, and such. For an hour a week though, we can tune in to shows like The Biggest Loser and hopefully draw a little inspiration from what we see. I'm looking forward to it.

phatty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home